Phase I ESA
All About Phase I ESAs - Environmental Site Assessments
One of the most important items to consider when evaluating a commerical property is past uses and whether there is a potential for environmental contamination. Banks learned early on about the importance of due diligence and performing a Phase I ESA. These ESAs are designed to identify any historical uses by property owners that could have resulted in improper disposal of hazardous chemicals onsite.
Why is it important to perform a Phase I ESA? The reason is environmental laws were written to make sure that a potentially responsible party (PRP) is found. Unfortunately, you could be the PRP; even if you prove your innocence, you could be held jointly or severaly liable for the contamination.
Let me tell you why this is not a good thing. It is EXPENSIVE and could take many years to cleanup. The point is you don't want to "cheap this out." You want a high quality Phase I ESA performed because the few hundred extra dollars you might pay could save you tens of thousands of dollars in cleanup and legal fees.
At EAE, we specialize in high quality, affordable Phase I ESAs. We spend the extra time and effort, unlike some firms that only use "newbies" to crank out as many ESAs as possible. Call us at 913-599-4326 and let us explain the difference.
Stormwater Pollution Prevention
As a site developer, you need control over materials that potentially may leave the site due to movement of water over, under or through the site, during construction and when operations begin. EAE provides a range of services for the control of materials on-site.
- Spill Prevention, Containment, and Countermeasure Plans
- Engineering Design
- Reimbursement Assistance
- Construction Oversight and Containment Systems
- For more information about Spill Prevention and Countermeasures visit www.spccplan.com
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans for Industrial Facilities
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans for Construction
- Prepare Notice of Intent to Use State General Discharge Permit
- Provide Stormwater Pollution Prevention Training
- Design of Engineering Containment Measures for Petroleum Spills and Stormwater Management
Environmental Site Assessments
EAE performs Basic and Advanced Environmental Assessment Services for a wide variety of private and public sector clients across the United States. Our services are tailored according to individual client and project objectives to provide the best value on every project, every time.
- Environmental Site Assessments
- Phases I ESAs
- Technical Review of Phase I, II, and III Reports, Sampling Plans, Technical Documents
- Hydrogeological Assessments and Hydraulic Analyses
- Multi-media Sampling and Groundwater Monitoring
- Asbestos Inspections and Sampling
- Statistical Applications and Trend Analysis
- Underground Storage Tank Closures and Evaluations
- Negotiation Assistance and Litigation Support
- Insurance Claim/Financial Adjustor Services/Risk Management
Assistance with Hazardous Waste
Whether you are an owner or a regulator or a municipal planner, you need the facts about the hazardous waste on site. You also need a practical economic solution, presented in a clear, straight-forward manner, responsive to regulatory agency requirements. EAE has staff with regulatory experience in RCRA, CERCLA, and underground storage tank programs at state and federal levels. Our clients receive "no-stone-unturned" thoroughness and consultation that clearly present the alternatives and consequences so that you can make the best decision.
- Remedial Systems Design
- Remedial System Evaluation and Design Review
- Performance Reviews of Operating Remedial Systems
- Field Oversight of Remediation System Installation and Testing
- Trending and Other Statistical Analyses of Treatment Performance Data
Do you need help complying with RCRA requirements? Are you contemplating a property acquisition and need to understand the risks? Do you need to confirm underground contamination and determine the source? Do you need corrective measures? Are there wetlands or threatened and endangered species on your property or on property you might purchase? EAE has experts to get you answers you can depend on and a solid reputation among regulators to support you.
- Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs): Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III (ESAs): Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III
- Environmental Media Sampling
- Underground Storage Tank Investigation and Closure Consulting
- Asbestos Inspections, Sampling, and Asbestos Management Planning
- Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Planning
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Planning (SPPP) Planning (SPPP)
- Environmental Impact Statements (EIS)
- Regulatory Compliance Consulting
- Technical Review of Environmental Reports
- Assistance with Hazardous Waste Disposal and Environmental Permitting Disposal and Environmental Permitting